Steven Paul Jobs

by Zach from Roseville

"Being the richest man doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me."
Steve Jobs.  The face of Apple. (http://www.yalibnan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/steve-jobs1.jpg)
Steve Jobs. The face of Apple. (http://www.yalibnan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/steve-jobs1.jpg)

Steve Jobs truly defines the word hero. He was a man whose goal in life was to achieve perfection in everything he did. His passion for technology was what kept him on his path to becoming the CEO of the largest, most successful technology company the world has ever seen. What he did with that company was truly remarkable. He used Apple as a way to improve the lives of its devices' users. Steve showed everyone his brilliance, creativity, perseverance, will to succeed, passion for technology, focus on the goals he set, and so much more. These traits are some of the things that made him a hero.

Steve Jobs was a man who did everything in his power to improve the general way of life for others. He was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco. He was raised by his adoptive parents, Paul and Clara Jobs. They were a middle class family out of Silicon Valley. He grew up in a time when technology was on the rise. It was not uncommon to walk down the street and see multiple garages full to the brim, and sometimes even overflowing with undeveloped gadgets and technologies. His biological parents, Joanne Simpson and Abdulfattah Jandali, made Steve's adoptive parents promise to put Steve through college. It was by no stretch of the imagination easy for them, but they kept their promise and paid tuition for Steve to attend Reed College in Oregon. However, Steve dropped out after one semester. He created the company Apple, with his longtime friend Stephen Wozniak, in his early twenties, after returning to Silicon Valley, in hopes of making more advanced computers that would change the technology world of the 90's. This very company went through the highest and lowest of times. After all, its first year of business was literally Jobs and Wozniak building circuit boards in Jobs' garage and then driving around the city to local computer stores and selling them. Apple's success truly is mostly because of Jobs. He was a very intelligent man that had a soft spot for creating gadgets. He grew up in Silicon Valley in California. His adoptive parents, Paul and Clara Jobs, were a lower-middle class family living in San Francisco. At this time, the technological world was on the rise and common people all over Silicon Valley were creating all kinds of different devices. It was not out of the ordinary to walk down the street and see multiple garages full of untold, undeveloped technologies. This is what first sparked an interest in technology for Jobs.

One of the many things that made Steve a hero was his inspirational will to succeed. He was greedy, but only for success in helping others. He achieved this feeling of success by using his company to create devices that would make its user's life easier. For example, the iPhone 4s now has AI, artificial intelligence. This allows the user to say a command or ask a question and receive a response. Because of this, it is a phone that can even be of use to someone with, for instance, a severe vision handicap. They could ask the phone to read a sentence or tell the phone to remind them of something at a certain time and the phone would be able to accommodate their needs. Other creations like the iPad are now replacing textbooks in some schools, eliminating the need for the great amount of paper that textbooks contain and the hassle of carrying around heavy backpacks. The App Store contains an app for nearly everything imaginable. Apps for doctors that can save lives, apps for toddlers that can teach them to read and write and even speak. All of these things are now possible thanks to Apple and Steve Jobs. Another thing that is heroic about Jobs how he managed his company. In every store there is a Genius Bar and welcoming staff that is eager to please you. The Genius Bar is a place specifically for troubleshooting any problems the user might encounter. A visit to the Genius Bar almost guarantees that you will leave with a problem free Apple product and peace of mind.

Steve Jobs has changed the lives of so many, including my own. Personally, Jobs helped make my life easier. I use my iPhone every day to communicate with my peers and my family, check the weather before deciding what to wear, check online to see what's new in the world, and so much more. I myself can't imagine a world without the legacy that is Steve Jobs. The impact he has made on the world is truly remarkable.

Steve Jobs was and will forever be one of the greatest heroes of this generation. He inspired people by the millions with his passion for what he did. His ambition for helping others was nothing less than life-changing. His brilliant intellect combined with his creativity and strong will to succeed made him stand out in the crowd. There is not one person on this planet that can match up with the greatness that was Steve Jobs. He was one of a kind and his loss is devastating to our world.

Remembering Steve. - In memory of a hero, Steve Jobs.

Moisescot, Romain. "all about Steve Jobs.com." [Online] Available http://allaboutstevejobs.com/index.html.