Steve Meade

by Matt from Anchorage

My Hero, Steve Meade (www.realmofexcursion.com/forums)

My hero is Steve Meade, of Steve Meade Designs based out of Oakland, California. Steve Meade is well-known by any real car audio enthusiast as a legend. He currently owns one of the loudest daily driving, street legal cars on the road today.

Steve Meade has changed the entire car audio scene by proving that any guy can do ridiculously complicated installs at an amazing speed while having to do it all in his garage in his house. His work rivals and even tops most professionally trained installers' works and has very limited resources. Right now, he is working on his friend's Cadillac Escalade that he had to rip out the entire inside and turn the rear into a speaker box made for 8 18" subwoofers powered by 30kW, which enough to run your house. Steve has taken over 3 months to finish this build which most installers would have either done half-way or turned over to another installer to finish, but not Steve.

Steve is a very generous person and would do anything for his friends, family, and even strangers. Whenever someone wants to listen to his system, he lets them sit in there and get their ears blown off their head. He exemplifies my vision of a hero because he is selfless and trustworthy but most of all, he is responsible and motivated. He would rather be out helping his friends and being irresponsible and reckless with his sound system, which leads to noise complaints and eventually, restrictions.

The caliber of Steve's work is unbelievable. I don't think many people in the audio game can put a candle to Steve's workmanship or work ethic. He always gets things done in a timely manner and still has time to be a father and a husband.

Steve is very friendly and demos his vehicle to just about anyone willing to make the trip to Oakland. A hero has to be likable and friendly, which Steve really is. I only wish that I could have the talent and the mindset that Steve Meade has. He has the job that I would die for; getting paid to do what you really love. Even though he doesn't have any super-natural powers (even though some might argue the opposite) and he doesn't wear a superhero uniform, looking at his work and the amount of respect he gets from his fans is something I truly envy and hope to one day be able to accomplish. Steve even invited a man from Singapore to Oakland and drove him around all day just to listen to his system and the man said he was one of the nicest guys he's ever met. So, in surmise, Steve Meade is my hero because he is friendly, respected, respectful, talented, motivated, honorable, as well as many other traits that I believe make him a hero.

Steve Meade Designs - See all his videoes, pictures, blogs and work logs to see what he's really about