Stephenie Meyer

by Alexandra from Palmer

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
The four Twilight Saga books (http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080710/stephanie-meyer-covers_l.jpg)

June 2nd, 2003. Stephenie Meyer the highly intelligent, stay at home mother of three sons, awoke from a strangely vivid dream. Stephenie sat down at the computer, a hobby she had not participated in for quite a while she claims, and began to type up the story of a young girl named Isabella Swan that unexpectedly fell head over heels in love with a vampire named Edward Cullen. She was just an average woman, with a husband and children, living in Phoenix, Arizona and suddenly she was the best-selling author of the Twilight saga. She inspired me to write as well, and though I have a long way to go before I write any crowd (or award) winners, she has kept me persistent with her very own perseverance. Stephenie is my hero.

First of all, Stephanie is incredibly knowledgeable; it’s one of the many traits in her that I admire greatly. Stephenie went to a high school in Scottsdale, Arizona, a place where Stephenie says was: “The kind of place where every fall a few girls would come back to school with new noses and there were Porsches in the student lot.” Though Stephenie still has her original nose, and didn’t get her first car until in her twenties. Upon graduating she was presented with a National Merit Scholarship, with which she paid in full for going to Brigham Young University, a college in Provo, Utah. She majored in English, ending up with a bachelor’s degree in the subject.

Second, Stephenie is an inspiration to young writers everywhere. She encourages us to write our own stories. Since reading the Twilight saga I have become more involved in my writing and typing. At the beginning of my writing I had started with one story of only a couple of poorly worded pages on an overused topic. After reading Twilight I have come quite far in my writing skills, and I have at least 5 stories that I plan on publishing online sometime soon. Every time I edit my stories I try to compare my works with Stephenie’s, though my writing could never measure up to hers in my opinion.

Also, Stephenie is always persistent. Since her first book Twilight, she has followed up with New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn for the Twilight saga. Along with another book Host, that might possibly become a saga as well. (There has also been talk of a movie but that hasn’t been confirmed as of yet.) She has kept going with her writing for all of her millions of fans, and in this she is persistent.

Stephenie is my favorite author of all time and my hero. She is intelligent, persistent, and an inspiration to writers everywhere. Who is your hero?