Sandra Vaughn

by Jameisha from Gallatin

My having a hero is good because you can always depend on them. Heroes can help you through problems you can’t handle. To help you stand on your own two feet. My hero is Sandra Rochelle Vaughn, also known as my mother. She inspires me by handling her own and not depending on anyone to help her through tough situations. She’s an outgoing, responsible and successful woman.

My mother is more outgoing than her twin sister. She’s not as strict as other mothers. This is important to know because she’s not as mean. She likes to have fun and not stay in the house all day. That means that i can go out with my friends more often. That's why i feel like my mother is very outgoing. Every hero should have the quality of responsibility and more.

Every hero should possess certain qualities. She’s a very responsible person. She takes care of all her children with no help. We’ve always had food on the table and clothes on our backs. She’s always determined to succeed. She has a goal and still pushing to accomplish it. For example, she made ends meet by having three kids and working third shift and now still pursuing her career of doing hair.

My hero inspires me to be successful. She’s an inspiration because she’s very ambitious. She helped my brother complete high school and career college and he was the first male to graduate in our family. She helps me make important decisions that may have an impact on my future such as my education. That's why i felt that moving to Gallatin High School, i would receive a better education. She told me to be a leader not a follower; to make my own decisions. It is important to have a person to believe in because if you have never seen it done it might be impossible.

I feel that my hero will have a big impact on my future. She’s taught me to stand on my own two feet. Don’t let anyone run over you. Still give to others that can’t give to you. Anything is possible and never give up. Be responsible for your own actions. That’s why my mother is my hero and i love her very much.