Spud Webb

by Keaton from Columbus, Indiana

This biography is on Spud Webb. He is a retired NBA player. As a child, Spud Webb was born into poverty and lived in a three bedroom house. He used basketball as an inspiration as he was growing up. He was always small so he used his speed and jumping ability to get by other players.

Spud on "d"
Spud on "d"

In high school Spud Webb averaged twenty-nine points a game. At the height of five foot five inches Spud Webb had his first dunk.

Spud Webb went to college at Midland College and averaged ten points and seven assists per game. He worked very hard in college and went to the NBA. At that time he was five foot six inches. He played for the Atlanta Hawks. He was a great player.

He was in the Nestle Crunch Slam Dunk competition. Michael Jordan was also in it and he was on of the best players ever. Spud Webb ended up becoming the champion and he’s the shortest person to win the slam dunk competition.

Now days Spud Webb is retired. He’s been on a few TV shows though. He was also always nice to all his team mates and had a positive attitude. He had great sportsmanship. Those are some reasons he inspires me. Some other reasons are because he made if so far when he was so small and people always told him he couldn’t but he proved them wrong.