Sam Peacock

by Michaela from Barrie

My hero is my dog Sam. He always makes me feel better when I'm sad. Sam was born in the year 2000, in the town of Alliston. His education included serious training with his old owner. When Sam was a puppy he had 9 or 10 sisters and brothers.

When I got him he was so happy and loving. When Sam was young he was treated badly, beat up and abandoned. Now when I feel sad, he cheers me up. Sam was mistreated when he was young then left at the Humane Society and sometimes he still he's with his old owner.

When I went to the Hum Society to look for a cat, Sam was kept separately in a house with two cats and a girl. Sam liked my mom and we loved his happy, smiling face. He came running to us.

Every time I'm sad, he knows it and comes and jumps up on my lap and snuggles with me. Sam shows kindness because he's happy and nice to everyone he knows.