Alexandra Scott

by Carly S. Sycamore Jr. High

She is a hero because she thought of others before herself. Alex's goal was to find a cure for people with cancer. Alexander Scott was four years old when she started her own lemonade stand. While she was too weak to fight it off, she was still strong inside. Alex raised thousands of dollers for cancer research.

My hero is Alexander Scott, she lived in Pennsylvania. Alex was born in 1996.When Alex was just a baby they found a tumor on her back and then they removed it.Two days before Alexander Scott’s first birthday she was diagnosed with neroblastoma, a form of childhood cancer. Alex has tried so hard to fight her cancer.

When Alex was four years old, she was trying to find a cure to help others. Thats when Alex had the idea to start her own lemonade stand. She opened her first lemonade stand in July of 2000. In her first year she raised $2,000. As word spread Alex started to get more and more donations from people. Alexander Scott has raised more than $900,000 for pediatric cancer.

The kind of hero Alexander is hero to others near and far. While Alex was trying to fight off cancer, she raised over $700,000. Her goal was $1,000,000 for cancer. Most of it was from people that donated money to help find a cure for cancer. Another reason why is Alex started to have a lemonade stand to help others, but people saw this idea so they started do the same thing. Today there are about 200 lemonade stands held to raise money for cancer.After Alex met her goal she's propably going to save alot of children and adults lives.

Alex Scott meets Oprah
Alex Scott meets Oprah

Thats why people keep going on with her goal.Maybe we can meet her goal by donating money and helping others so you can find a cure for cancer.If you want to help Alex Scott you can go to her own web site www.alexslemonade.com. Theres alot of pics,and facts about Alex Scott.Sad but true Alex died on August 1, 2004 from neroblastoma cancer when she was 8 years old.

Alex's Lemonade - If you want to donate to her