Seabiscuit

by Zoe from Quakertown

A picture of Seabiscuit and his owner.
A picture of Seabiscuit and his owner.

Heroes do not just have to be people. They can be animals too, preferably a horse. That is why I chose Seabiscuit, a famous racehorse, to be my hero. People did not think he could win because he was small, but they were wrong.

Seabiscuit raced a lot for a two year old. He was small, but mighty. Coming in last place most of the time, Seabiscuit and his owner never gave up hope.

A statue of Seabiscuit.
A statue of Seabiscuit.

Seabiscuit finally won first place and his owner was amazed that he did. They were right for never giving up hope. They began to race him more and he began to win more. They were always proud of him.

Heroes are people or animals that have a great history. They can also be a person or animal that is there for you. A person or animal that never gives up, like Seabiscuit.

A picure of Seabiscuit and other horses racing.

Seabiscuit is my hero because he never gave up and that is what heroes are supposed to do. He was a great horse and everybody was amazed at what he did.

Seabiscuit - The Wikipedia Website about Seabiscuit.
National Museum of Racing - A Website about Seabiscuit's career.
Seabiscuit an American Legend - A Website about Seabicuit's life.