Shannon

by Stephanie from Blue Sky

Long Road Out of Hell

The Beginning

Day by day, years by years, I went through my childhood and early teenage years, depressed. A loner if you will. I held secrets beyond anyone’s comprehension. But it began to change, the day I met Shannon. She doesn’t know, but she saved me from my past.

Hell

The worst of it all, started this previous November. I was in and out of a psych ward. I moved in with my dad, and, well, started to drown my sorrows in alcohol. I started drinking mixes, then moving to chasers, then just bumping off of the bottle. I knew it wasn’t good for me, because my mom is an alcoholic, and I vowed that I wouldn’t turn out like her, but being the depressant that alcohol is, I stuck up with the infatuation, until one night, I saw the lights in my rear view mirror.

That was the end of my alcohol days.

A New Beginning

Soon after that, I met Shannon. We began hanging out, and going out, having food and coffee, and talking for hours on end. We went bowling, to the movies, and had sleepovers. While this was going on, I began to see myself for who I really was. Not some hollow person who deserves to be stepped on, but somebody who really cares strongly about others. I learned that I would be the one to take a bullet for anybody.

Shannon (left) and I (right) on a typical day. (From a digital camera.)

Life There After

We shared everything with each other. From our past, the present, and future. We found that we both want to do hair for a living, and that we want to both open a business up. So we decided that we’re going to do that together. We became so close, in such a little time, that it scared the both of us, but we don’t care, just as long as we have each other.

The End

She’s an amazing person. I don’t know what I would do without her. She gave me the courage to forgive my past. I don’t dwell on it anymore. Of course I will never forget it, but it definitely doesn’t control me anymore. She gave me the self-assurance to be myself and not to give two cents to people who don’t like me for who I am. I thank her so much, because without her, I’d still be stuck in hell.

Hello everyone. This story, is about someone, who helped me get out of a rough state of mind. She, still to this day, amazes me in every way.