Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz

by Karla from Tampico

A Hero for me is someone very clever, bold, with many values, and struggle every day to be the best; fight for justice, honesty and respectful among people, fight for all the problems that we have, but what more I Like, is that never gives up and this makes people with a lot of peace and happiness. All this and more is what constitutes a hero to me.

So I will talk about Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, because she was a very intelligent person, with many values; and that for me covers everything that is a real hero. I admire her very much because here in Mexico she left a lot of culture and I love everything that I know of her.

<a href=http://www.abm-enterprises.net/artgall3/sorjuanainesdelacruz.jpg>Sor Juana</a>
Sor Juana

Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, born in the small village of San Miguel Nepantla, Mexico State, on November 12, 1648, and her original name was Sor Juana Asbaje y Ramirez before taking vows. Her genius was manifested from an early age: at the age of three years she read from the "amiga" of Amecameca, at the age of seven years she was sent to study at university and at the age of eight years wrote praise for the Feast of Corpus.

Juana liked to read much throughout her life both classical Roman authors as well as Spanish and Greek authors. In 1664 Juana was admitted to the court as a lady of the virreina company, to which she dedicated some sonnets by the name of Laura.

Among her vast work poetical highlights is a descriptive philosophical poem of about a thousand verses of the dreams of ascension of the soul in search of the ultimate truth.

On her death was published the book that collected her works and works posthumous Fame.

Sister Juana’s contributions to the world of culture remain invaluable. Their presence in the art appears to increase as it is studied. They are the best example, not only the art of the colony but of the whole Mexican art.

<a href=http://www.auburn.edu/~perryka/graphics/sor_juana.jpg>Sor Juana</a>
Sor Juana

In the brilliant career of Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz are many values; leaves us a great example: her constant struggle for the study, her tenacity to achieve what is proposed, love and respect for others, her enthusiasm and responsibility to carry out her work and perseverance and dedication with which they came to get many triumphs.

This is what little I can tell about my hero, Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, because I learned to fight for what I want with intelligence and discipline. I hope you have liked it.