Spiderman

by Ethan from Pflugerville

Everybody knows Spiderman. They have seen him in multiple books, movies, and even video games. But, have you really sat down and thought to yourself, "I believe that I should look up to an imaginary super hero." I see why you would think this to yourself, but in this article, I will try to persuade you on why you should look up to this "imaginary super hero".

I believe that Spiderman is a hero because his origin story is inspiring. In the comics and movies, Peter Parker, who is Spiderman if you were not aware of that, is a geek who really doesn't have many friends other than his aunt and uncle. Whenever Peter gets his powers, he uses them for good. He doesn't start causing crime throughout the city with his newfound ability. Peter becomes Spiderman and stops evil-doers from committing crimes. He is also very selfless. Spiderman chooses not to reveal his identity to stop his loved ones from getting hurt. It shows a lot about Spiderman that he does not choose to receive any rewards for saving the city multiple times, just to keep his family and loved ones safe. Would you rather take a big reward from the city, or would you rather keep your family safe? It makes you think.    

Spiderman is also very honorable. I say this because Spiderman has saved the city of New York multiple times from countless enemies regardless of how intimidating they are. For example, Spiderman has fought against a person made of sand and a person that had four extra robotic arms, just to save the city from harm. Spiderman is also a good role model for anyone to look up to because, like I mentioned before, his origin story teaches kids and adults to stick up for themselves and others, and that could be good advice for anybody. Spiderman also teaches people to be responsible because whenever Spiderman sees some sort of villain he always suits up and gets ready at that very moment. He doesn't have to have five more minutes to sleep, or have any other excuse. He is always ready to defend the city. I think a lot of people could learn from Spiderman.

Those were a couple of reasons why I believe that Spiderman is a hero and why he is someone to look up to. I hope you agree with me, and look at Spiderman with a new point of view.