Steven Spielberg

by Drea from Littleton

Steven Spielberg is one of the most respected people in the movie industry.

Spielberg grew up in Ohio with the dream to make movies at a young age after seeing David Lean's "Lawrence of Arabia". This turned him on to the movie world. He was only 13 years old when making his first 40-minute film "Escape to Nowhere."

Over the years nothing stopped him from getting more and more creative.

In 1975 Spielberg directed one on the greatest movies in the industry. "Jaws" presented Spielberg with 130 million after its first release in the U.S.! but it didn't stop there, the movie later won 3 Oscars for editing, sound, and original score. It also was nominated for Best Film in the 1976 Academy Awards.

Other great movies that he has made and directed are: ET, Back to The Future, Jurassic Park, and Indiana Jones "Temple of Doom."

Spielberg also owns 22% of DreamWorks, 50% of restaurant chain Dive!, and 15% of Internet content, idea lab. All in all, now at the age of 53 he is one of the most creative, wealthiest men who is just living out is childhood dream.

Learning about Steven Spielberg and watching the movies he has made, has put a big impact on my life. I too have had childhood fantasy about being in the movie industry. Knowing how far Spielberg has gone in his life because he didn't give up, gave

me so much inspiration to keep on going with my dreams. His strategy was to keep on trying until he got to the top, it seems like he let nothing get in the way of him making it. After reading about how Spielberg used to sneak into Universal Studios in a suit and tie, cracks me up! He used to do this to learn more about how the industry worked.