Steve-O

by Kaylee from Mission Viejo

I first became aware of my hero, Steve-O, a couple years ago. I was watching TV with my cousins, and “Jackass” came on. I admire Steve-O’s ability to endure extreme amounts of pain. I also admire the lack of fear he possesses while performing stunts. Someday, I hope to have his high tolerance against pain and fearlessness.

Steve-O is a professional stunt man, skate boarder, television personality, and general annoyance. The education requirements for being awesome are being a University of Miami drop-out, and a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College graduate. There are no training requirements for his job, but flexibility and a high pain tolerance are good traits to have in this field. Steve-O makes most of his money from his line of skate shoes, and Product endorsements.

When Steve-O was 15, his took a video camera from his father and began making skateboarding videos. Steve-O graduated from high school in England and went on to Miami State University, but soon dropped out. Steve-O then went on to graduate from Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College. He then went on to work as a clown on a cruise line for six months. Steve-O has now been on “Jackass” and two seasons of “Wildboyz”.

Steve-O recently received a letter from a “parole officer/therapist lady” in the juvenile prison system. She told him that she had followed his progress on the way to sobriety and shared bits of it with “her kids” and asked Steve-O to write to them. When Steve-O replied, the PR gave his letter to one specific kid. In turn this kid and Steve-O began to correspond and Steve-O could offer encouragement to this kid that would be locked up for the next 13 years. I believe that this shows Steve-O reaching out to help others.

In order to be like my hero, Steve-O, I will need to graduate high school. Steve-O went to Clown College, but he could still do what he does without having gone to college. In order to live like Steve –O, I think it would be a good idea to have good health insurance because of how often Steve-O is seriously injured. I will have to learn how to skateboard and do tricks. As stuntman/TV personality, like Steve-O, I would like to make enough money to retire comfortably.