Thomas Alva Edison

by Tiffany from Arcadia

Thomas Edison at work. <br>(www.rt23.com/history<br>/ images/thomas_edison.jpg)
Thomas Edison at work.
(www.rt23.com/history
/ images/thomas_edison.jpg)

Thomas Edison is a hero to me because I think he is a great helper for the world. Thomas Edison had a lot of good inventions. He did a lot of great things to make the world better. I think Thomas Edison is a great hero.

Thomas Edison was a long living person. And I would like to share some information about his background life. Thomas Edison was born in 1847 and died in 1931. He lived in Milan, Ohio and lived for 84 years. It was a long life for him because back then many people died early.

Thomas Edison is a great inventor. He invented many useful things for the world. His first inventions are the transmitter and receiver for the automatic telegraph. This invention helps people know what is happening around the world. Later he invented carbon telephone transmitters and helped build an electric railroad. His best known invention is the light bulb.

Thomas Edison’s inventions helped the world improve. When he invented the light bulb people didn't need to use oil lamps or candle sticks. It really made a change for the world. He also made conversations better than sending mails around by inventing the transmitter and receiver for the automatic telegraph.

In summary, Thomas Edison lived for a long time and he invented many useful things for us. He helped the world improve. He is my hero.

Thomas Alva Edison - Thomas Edison's Home Page