Ty Pennington

by Jenifer from Arkansas

<a href=http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/53/2006/J2KW.jpg>Ty Pennington</a>
Ty Pennington

"Move that bus!!!” This quote he is famous for because on his show he has a bus that is sitting in front of the house and before he shows them what it looks like he says move that bus… Ty Pennington is not just another guy that is on TV. He is a man that does charitable work for other people.

Ty helps out people that either can’t afford to build or redo their house he has his own show called Extreme Makeover. Ty is one of those guys that likes to help people out that have life changing stories! When he’s choosing families, he likes to choose families that really need this. Usually the people that Ty helps out are people that are handicapped. Or just really need a new home because the one they are living in is just too small…but Ty helps families that if they have children that are in a wheel chair or just can’t really maneuver in the house because of a medical condition. Ty is there to save the day!

Ty Pennington inspires people. He inspires everyone by what he does for people. You don’t see that many celebrities that just go out and do things for other people. So I think as an individual he is showing the world that there is more to life than just doing stuff for yourself and not always thinking just about what movie they will be in next, or when their new design will be coming out into stores. Ty is so dedicated to his work that even when he had surgery for acute appendicitis, he was emailing and sending out phone calls to people to try and help get the project done even when he was in the hospital recovering from a surgery.

Whenever Ty was in Elementary when he was diagnosed with ADHD. Ty was put on Benadryl and techniques that they thought would help with his behavioral problem like, giving him rewards if he did well during the week at school or even at home but later on down the road they found out that these techniques weren’t helping. He didn’t really take any kind of medication that would help the ADHD until he was in college. He was finally able to be a regular kid he got to play soccer and he also gained self confidence from all of this.

I think Ty has done so much in people’s lives and he is crazy and outgoing so I think that is why I chose him as my hero because he is amazing and a hero helps other’s and Ty does more than just help people he changes their lives!

Ty Pennington - Wikipedia
Ty Pennington
What is ADHD? - from KidsHealth