Health

Talia Castellano

by Stephanie from Anaheim

"Everybody is a hero in their own story if you just look."- Maeve Binchy

A while back a young girl named Talia Castellano died. You might remember her as the girl who appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres show or maybe when she was a Cover Girl. Well, Talia was much more than that to me. She was my hero. The reason why Talia is my hero is because she always had a positive attitude even though she was going through many hard things. Talia also showed that she could be happy when things weren't going right. She is still a very strong person.

Talia Castellano was born on August 18, 1999 in Orlando, FL. Her family consisted of her mother Desiree Castellano, her father Marc Winthrop, her sisters Kaitlyn, Mattia, and her brother Jackson. When Talia was seven years old, she was diagnosed with neuroblastoma. Later in the years she was also diagnosed with leukemia. In 2011, she started a YouTube channel. She would post beauty related videos. Sadly, Talia died on July 16, 2013.

Talia faced through many hardships. Like when she was diagnosed with cancer when she was just seven. She had to go through therapy and treatments .Talia helped in a cancer foundation to support children who were also battling through cancer. She was also very caring when it came to young fans with cancer.

I admire Talia because she was such an inspiring person and even when things weren't going right she remembered to smile, and I also admire her because she was so strong. She was only four-teen and fighting through two types of cancer. I thought and still think that she is a very strong person.

The lesson that I learned was to stay positive as much as possible, because everyone deserves to enjoy life and be happy. So Talia made it worthwhile when she was alive that she was alive. As Talia said "just keep swimming."