Tyler Doohan

by Laetitia from Amiens

A hero is a fictional or a real person. An icon has to risk his life to help people and fight to achieve his goals. A hero must be smart, helpful and brave, and he needs to be strong-willed. Tyler is a hero as he is very helpful, and extremely smart for his age.

Tyler Doohan was born on 2006 in the state of New York, United States. When Tyler was 8 years old, on January 20, 2014, at 4:00 AM, he saved six lives. On January 19, Tyler had not school because it was the "Martin Luther King Jr Day", so he, his grandfather, his uncle and his aunt, and his 5 cousins were home. They were in a mobile-home. They slept when Tyler's cover caught fire. He woke up, and he screamed "FIRE" so his aunt and his cousins went out. She took Tyler's hand but he wanted to save his grandfather who was handicapped, and his uncle. Also he went back into the mobile-home, but, unfortunately, they died because of flame and smoke. The pot was created to raise funds for the Tyler's funeral.

To my mind, Tyler is a big hero. He has an enormous bravery. I admire him as not many people would have this courage. Personally, I think I might react as Tyler did because my family is the most important for me.

Tyler Doohan - CNN - 8-year-old boy rescues 6 relatives from fire, dies trying to save 7th