Thomas Alva Edison

by Suily from Oxnard

There are so many famous inventors in the world but mine is Thomas Alva Edison, the inventor of the light bulb. Thomas Edison had a hearing problem that bothered him, a lot. He is curious, like me!

Thomas A. was born on February 11, 1847 in Milan Ohio. As a mature adult he lived in New York. His moms’ name was Nancy Edison & his fathers’ name was Sam Edison.

Thomas got great help from his mom because of his hearing problem. He also was teased a lot because of this handicap. Finally, Thomas’ mom took him out of school because of the way he was being treated and taught him at home.

When Thomas was old enough, he taught himself. Then he found an interest in science. His first invention was a talking doll. It was a wonderful success back then.

These are some reasons why I have chosen Thomas Alva Edison the best hero in the whole wide world.