Thomas Alva Edison

by Justin from Prescott, Canada

Thomas Edison (www.hartransom.org)
Thomas Edison (www.hartransom.org)

Thomas Edison is my hero because he never ever gave up and he barely had any school education. Thomas Edison is my hero because he invented many of the things we used today like the light bulb we use a lot. His full name was Thomas Alva Edison.

Thomas Edison was born and raised in Milan, Ohio, on February 11, 1847. He was home schooled most of his life. He only went to school for a couple of months, that's it. His parents were Samuel and Nancy Edison. Thomas had 3 older brothers and sisters but they died from harsh winters. The parents named him Thomas because of his great uncle.

Thomas Edison invented electricity. If we didn’t have electricity today we might be living in the dark, who knows? But Thomas Edison invented more than just the light bulb. He invented a record player. He is my hero because he never Ever gave up. He kept trying restlessly for days. I think he was the best inventor in the world.

A lot of people do not think that Thomas Edison made the phonograph or maybe forgot that but he made it. Thomas Edison made an astounding 1,093 inventions - like the light bulb he made.

Thomas Edison is my hero for having perseverance. He tirelessly invented with the most inventions of all time 1,093. He invented all his life for nothing just to make the world better. Thomas Edison is my hero because he persevered. Thomas Edison never gave up; he kept going. That’s why he is my hero. I doubt anyone could do that today, day in and day out. That’s why he’s my hero.

My hero changed the world with his amazing ability to invent. It took him 3000 times to get the light bulb to work. While he’s doing that he still has all those other inventions. He probably made a whole whack of other mistakes on other ones but he made the world a way better place.

Therefore Thomas Edison is my hero because he changed the world dramatically with his inventions. He also inspired kids with his inventions, including me.