Terrance Stanley Fox

by Brooke from Barrie

"I believe in miracles. You should too."

Quote - I told myself it was too late to give up. I would keep going no matter what happened... If I died, I would die happy because I was doing what I wanted to do… I went out and I did 15 push ups in the road and then I took off. I want set an example that will never be forgotten. -I like challenges and I don’t give up.

My name is Terrance Stanley Fox. I raise money for cancer research. I run across Canada with an artificial leg. I help the people with cancer to cure it. I was born on July 28, 1958 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I went to Simon Fraser University. My mom's name is Betty and my dad's name is Rolly Fox. I have an older brother named Fred, younger brother named Darrell, and sister named Judith. I was raised in Vancouver' British Columbia and I moved my family to Port Coquitlam, British Columbia.

I got influenced by an amputee. One of the obstacles I had was losing my right leg to cancer. I overcame that obstacle by running across Canada with an artificial leg. I wanted to conquer this in such a way that I could never look back.

I accomplished to run across Canada but I had to stop because I was not feeling well. I went to the hospital where I had found out that the cancer had spread through my body to my lungs.

I had survived the crash on November 12 1976. I was driving back home on the Port Coquitlam hwy. I got distracted by a bridge construction site. My car ran into a ½ ton truck.

I have 2 main character traits:
COURAGE-I ran across Canada with an artificial leg.
BRAVERY-I had just started to get better from losing my leg and I started to across Canada.

I died on June 28, 1981. I lived for 23 years. I died because the cancer spread through to my lung. I was almost there, but I had to stop because I could not breathe because of the cancer.

Wilson, Brooke . "Terrance Stanley Fox. "W.C.Little: Brooke Wilson, 2009.