Theodor Seuss Geisel

by Allie F from Pennsylvania

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
Dr.Seuss
Dr.Seuss

In Honor of Dr. Seuss, I did research about this hero in “Biography Today.” I chose him because his books taught me a lot of things like, my left and right feet from his book The Foot Book. After the research, I was glad I did because I learned so much about him.

Who knew such a normal beginning would give the world such a hero. His name is Theodor Seuss Geisel. He was born March 2, 1904. His parents are Theodor Robert and Henrietta Seuss Geisel. Seuss was born in Springfield, Massachusetts.

The foundation of heroism is education. He went to a public elementary, and high school in Springfield. He read 3 books by the time he was 6. He majored in English and attended Dartmouth College. Soon he became editor for the campus magazine, Jack-O'-Lantern. After Dartmouth College he studies at Lincoln College, University of the Sorbonne, and Oxford University.

Hard work contributes to heroism. Seuss always had an interest in books and reading. He wrote 47 books by the time he died. He wrote them for ages 3 to 93. His book the Cat in the Hat soon became a hit also Hop on Pop and Green Eggs and Ham.

Dr.Seuss 105th birthday
Dr.Seuss 105th birthday

Dr. Seuss is important to mankind and changed the world. Dr. Seuss is important to me because his books taught me a lot of what I know today like my left and right feet from the book, The Foot Book.

Think exist - Quote
Google images - Picture
Google images - 2nd picture