Theodor Seuss Geisel

by Emily from DuBois

A person's a person, no matter how small.

In honor of Theodor Seuss Geisel, I did research about this hero in “Biography Today.” I chose Dr. Seuss because when I was little I read Dr. Seuss books. After the research, I was glad I did because I learned so much about Dr. Seuss.

Who knew such a normal beginning would give the world such a hero? Theodor was born on March 2, 1904 in Springfield, Massachusetts. His father’s name was Theodor Robert, and his mother’s name is Henrietta Seuss Geisel. When he got married, his wife’s name was Helen Palmer.

The foundation of heroism is education. When Theodore was little he went to public schools in Springfeld. After school, Theodore went to Dartmouth College where he majored in English. When he was finished with Dartmouth, he went to Lincoln College (in England).

Hard work contributes to heroism. ‘Filt’ (an ad) campaign led Theodore to the job that would make him famous. Theodor began his career with the story, ‘And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street.’ Theodor signed a contract with a company that produced his ad did not allow him to write for anyone else. Here are some examples for some awards he won - Academy Award 1942; Caldecott Honor Book Award: 1947; Peabody Award: 1971; Emmy Award: 1977; Pulitzer Prize: 1984.

Theodore Seuss Geisel is important to mankind and changed the world. He’s important because he wrote many famous childrens books. He inspires young children to read.