Theodor S. Geisel

by Logan from Indianapolis

Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored! There are games to be won!”-By Dr. Seuss from the Places you’ll go!
Dr.Seuss (http://www.catinthe hat.org)
Dr.Seuss (http://www.catinthe hat.org)

Have you ever read a Dr. Seuss book? Well, most people have, but did you know that the books have something special within them? Most of the books are trying to teach us an important lesson like being honest, trustworthy, not envious, and not to steal.

Theodor (Ted) Seuss Geisel was born on March 2nd, 1904. He is best known as Dr. Seuss. When he wrote his first book he used name Dr. Seuss. My favorite story that he wrote was Green Eggs and Ham. His first real job was a reporter and that training came in handy because Dr. Seuss authored a lot of books. I think that his best book is The Cat in the Hat.

Dr. Seuss wasn’t a real doctor, but his prescription for fun overjoyed readers for more than 60 years! Ted left Oxford University wishing to become a professor. He could not think of anything else to do with his degree other than teaching. This would be the first of many turning points in his career. While sitting in class his doodling caught the attention of Helen Palmer. She suggested that he become an artist instead of a professor. He took her advice. He wrote and illustrated 44 children's books including all time favorites as: Green Eggs and Ham, Oh,The Places You'll Go, Fox in Socks, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He later married Helen. Theodor Seuss Geisel died September 24, 1991.

I chose Dr. Seuss as my hero because he makes 99.9% people laugh when they read his books. (Including me!) I also picked Dr. Seuss as my hero because I love to read hilarious books.

Dr Seuss will always be remembered as a fun loving author who entertained millions of readers both young and old.