Tony Hawk

by Harris from Williamsville

Tony Hawk is the most famous figure in professional skateboarding. He helped the U.S. by building skateboarding centers all of over the world for kids that don't know how to skate.

The Hawk's childhood was a bright and bold childhood. When he went to school early, he liked to skate board before class started. Another childhood memory is he competed with other kids in a skate boarding contest. This hero's best childhood was he got $3000 for posting a video of him skating professionally when he was a kid. A life he had with his family was his parents were older than most parents who had children Tony's age. Tony's education was he planned to go to college to study physics because he was really good. Lastly, Tony's Mom went to school and had to work full time shifts and it was hard to take care of Tony. Therefore that is Tony's Background.

Tony has had rough ways of accomplishing so many things. The sport he likes to do is skateboarding. An accomplishment that he did is become a professional athlete and a video star. He made a new best-selling video game for skateboarding. The greatest achievement Tony had done was he was the first skateboarder who has given the world a face to put on sports. The first thing Tony did was donate money to Charity. Second thing he did to help the community was help kids learn to skate by building a skate center for the kids that don't know how to skate but want to skate. Tony went all around to sign autographs for people. Another thing is he helped the orphans every Thursday. He also promoted and helped the finance public. Lastly, Tony Hawk had done a 180 degree turn on his skateboard. That is what Tony had Accomplished and did for the community.

The obstacles and challenges the Hawk had to face were unbelievable. The Hawk's Mom had a lot of things to do so there was no time for Tony. He had hurt his knee in a tournament and he had to have surgery on it. A challenge that Tony had was he tried to do the loop but he kept failing. An obstacle that Tony had done was an obstacle course in the X games. Another challenge was that Tony had attempted to do a 720 demo in Japan. Lastly, Tony's parents did not have a lot of money so it was hard to pay for school but they eventually they did it. Those are the obstacles the Hawk had to face.

The awards Tony had incredibly accomplished are about his skateboarding contest's. First, he won three NSA contests and got three gold metals. Second, he wins an ESPY award for doing an awesome trick. Another thing is he won the X games and got a golden trophy. The people honored Tony by making a best-selling game. Tony recently got an award for doing the fastest trick on a skateboard and set a record. Those are the awards Tony had gotten.

Tony's quality traits helped him become who he is. His first trait is bravery. When Tony did a 360 turn on his skateboard, he wasn't thinking about anything. That is how he was brave. Another trait is Determination. The problem was that Tony was going to make the skateboarding center on a beaver's home so he moved the location of the center to some where safe. That is how he was determination. Last trait is Focus. Tony was in the zone to win any game. He wanted to make his dad proud by practicing every day. Those are the extraordinary traits that made Tony who he is.

Lastly, the important lesson that will teach any young person might learn from the way this person lived. The lesson is to teach kids what its like to be on a skateboard. When Tony was on the skateboard he kept trying and trying because he loved this sport and so he never gave up. Tony made people be inspired of kids that didn't know how to skate. Now he is famous for what he has done to the community. Tony made a game about skateboarding and it was best-selling so it made people buy the game. Lastly, Tony got a thousand more people to come to the skateboarding center that he made. That is the lesson of the way the person lived.

In Conclusion, The Hawk has done many things for the community and that is why he is famous. The quote that Tony says "I feel like skateboarding is as much of a sport as a lifestyle, and an art form, so there's so much that that transcends in terms of music, fashion, and entertainment" ~Tony Hawk. Therefore, The Hawk is the most famous skateboarder alive today.

Tony Hawk Skateboarder and Businessman By: Todd Peterson