Terrence Lowe

by Billy from Lynchburg

In October of 2012, on Sunday afternoon, Terrence Lowe was at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses and saw a teenager sitting down and listening to the biblical talk. After the meeting had concluded, Billy got up and talked to as many people as he could. Then he came across Terrence Lowe, a dedicated witness to Jehovah (Gods name), and all around good person. Little did Billy know that Terrence would change his life forever. "I looked at this kid and saw something very special about him. He listened to the talk like it was pouring inside of him and wanted to learn more. I told myself, I have to talk to this kid, and when I did, it was like I was talking to myself. Our personalities were just alike and he was extremely funny. In the back of my mind, I was hoping he was going to be at the Thursday meeting," said Terrence. At the Thursday meeting, Billy had met up with Terrence once again. Terrence learned that Billy was a college student and had been raised as a Jehovah's Witnesses since he was little, but he never went to the meetings because of past circumstances. Terrence also quickly found out that Billy was very funny, and loved to be around people. He then invited Billy over for dinner on Friday night. Billy accepted the invitation.

The table was set and dinner was ready at the Lowe house. Billy met Terrence's wife Kimberly and his two daughters Taylor and Breauna. At the dinner table Billy had made many jokes and there were laughs and continued to be contagious at the table. After dinner, Terrence talked with Billy for a while. Billy told Terrence that since he had been in college he had be partying, hanging out with friends, drinking, and smoking. Terrence had brought up a couple points in the Bible that brought things into prospective for Billy. Soon after, Billy began studying the Bible Teach book with Terrence and they began to hangout on a daily basis. " When Billy first entered the house I didn't really know what to think of him. At the dinner table though, I quickly found out that Billy was hilarious! He is a very talkative guy, but he is one of the best guys I know. To this day we are extremely close and I am so glad we found him because now I have a brother," emphasized Breauna.

After that night at the Lowe's house, Billy never got drunk, smoked, or partied with the wrong people ever again. "That night at Terrence's house changed me forever. I became a new, cleaner person. I am able to discern more efficiently what is good and bad for me, and I have a better conscience than what I had before. Terrence saved me from being the man I didn't want to be. Terrence is my hero," stated Billy. To this day, Billy, Terrence, and the rest of the Lowe family continue to remain close. Billy has continued to go to the Kingdom hall meetings and study with Terrence to become a baptized Jehovah's Witness. "Be on the lookout everywhere you go, because you never know when you may stumble and your hero will be there to pick you up," added Billy.