Ty Pennington

by Erin from Springfield

( commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Ty_Penningto...)

A hero means different things to different people. A hero could be anyone, or anything, there is unlimited possibilities on what a hero truly is. Heroes have an endless possibility to how they act, and how their personalities are. I myself have an image of how a hero is. A hero should have goals, respect for themselves and others, and is also trustworthy.

A hero that has the qualities I mentioned is Ty Pennington. His real name Tygert Burton Pennington was born in Atlanta, Georgia. Ty graduated from Art Institute of Atlanta. He is an actor, carpenter, and former male fashion model. Some jobs Ty had taken on were commercials for Sprite, Diet Coke, etc. Also, he has appeared in television series and starred in a film. He had written a book about home repair, as well as being a carpenter on the show “Trading Spaces” and being the host on “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.”

For the past four years he and his crew had been traveling the U.S.A to redo homes for people in need. The show tears down the houses and builds them back up to make a bigger, better home for the ones who deserve it. Usually the people that have their home remodeled are impoverished, had lost a loved one, those who were generous to others, or sacrificed themselves for others. The show helps them fix all the problems that consist with the house to make the families’ life style better.

I have read the book A Hero’s Trail by T.A. Barron. The book has different types of heroes. Some types are “hero on the spot,” “survivor hero,” “hero within,” “hero for all time,” and “hero to others near and far.” Ty Pennington is a hero to others near and far. Ty and his crew travel the United States of America to find homes that need demolition. Every house has a story about the history or the people that live in them. He finds those special houses and gives them faith that someone does care. Ty and his crew take each story to heart, those that are near and far.

(www.linksiouxfalls.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?...)

Ty is the perfect hero to everyone everywhere because he has the qualities everyone enjoys to be around. He makes a difference by remodeling one home at a time and making worth wild for that special family. He has the respect for families he barely knows and their stories. He is trusted with each family he meets, for he will do a great job on the house. He has a goal every time he starts a new project to finish the house on time, which is always met. Tygert Burton Pennington is my hero.