Trevor Robinett

by Amanda from Pickerington

Trevor and Anderson
Trevor and Anderson

To me a hero is someone you look up to and want to achieve to be as good as. A hero can be someone that you least expect. 

I think it's important to have a hero because it's important to have someone to look up to in your life. If you don't have a hero then one day you might meet someone who changes that. If you dont have a hero there's nothing wrong with that because you can still aspire to great things, I'm just greatful that i personally have a hero.

My cousin, Trevor Robinette, age 14, is my hero. He has SMA (spinal muscular atrophy). He was diagnosed when he was two years old, he started to crawl and then all of the sudden he stopped, so my aunt and uncle knew something was wrong. SMA has three different types, Trevor has the second type, so it makes it difficult for him to breathe, eat, and other everyday things, and he can not walk. He's my hero because through all of this he has always been a positive person and he's inspired me to not judge people. He has a handicap but he is a smart kid and he's my hero.

Trevor should be inducted in the hero hall of fame. He should be in the hero hall of fame because with everything he has to deal with, he never complains. He is always positive about everything no matter what and that's the kind of person I want to look up to. He changes the way people look at things which makes you want to do more. Trevor is a sweet kid and a great older brother. He is an inspiration and for that he deserves to be in the hero hall of fame.

Q: Who is your hero?

A: Anderson, my dog.

Q: What do you think it would be like if you never met your hero?

A: Lonely because he is my best friend.

Q: Did you ever learn about any heroes being home schooled?

A: No, not that I recall.

Q: Is it hard dealing with SMA every day?

A: Kinda, because I can't do what I want when I want.

Q: Do you see yourself different than anyone else?

A: Maybe when I get older.

Q: Do you see yourself as a hero?

A: Yeah, I help people.

Q: Do you think it's difficult being home schooled?

A: No, because i don't have to get up early.

Q: Do you like being an older sibling?

A: Yes, because i get to boss them around.

Q: If you could change, would you? Why or why not?

A: No, because I like how I am.

Q: What is your favorite thing you've done in your life?

A: Camp, because I'm always hanging out with friends there.