Theodore Roosevelt

by Shosuke from Arcadia

Theodore Roosevelt is an inspirational hero that I just learned about recently. I would like to share some things that I have learned about his life, heroic deeds and my thoughts about them. I am certain you will learn a lot about my hero.

Mr. Roosevelt had a very difficult and productive life. He was born in New York, New York on October 27, 1858. A few years later, he was elected governor of New York. When he was 42, he became president. He died on January 6, 1919 at Oyster Bay, New York.

Theodore Roosevelt accomplished many heroic deeds during his life. He took major action to protect the environment. He even negotiated Japan and Russia to have peace and won a Nobel Peace Prize. Another heroic deed he did is that he was the founder of the Intercollegiate Athletic Association. The most amazing deed he did was, he preserved 150 million acres of government land.

I have some meaningful thoughts about what Mr. Roosevelt has done. I cannot believe he negotiated peace between Russia and Japan. That is quite impressive to stop a war you are not fighting in. I am so fascinated about his preserving 150 million acres of government land. Wow! He even won his own Nobel Peace Prize for his bravery.

As you have read, Theodore Roosevelt had an amazing life full of heroic deeds that have made me think. He is truly a hero.