Timothy Richard 'Tim' Tebow

by Simon

"I have so many things to work on, and so many ways that I fail. But that''s what grace is all about. and I constantly wake up every morning trying to get better, trying to improve, trying to walk closer to God."-Tim Tebow

God-friendly, kind, and worthy are words that I think describe a hero. A hero must be kind and respect others. They must be strong and able to pick themselves up when they fall down. They must be able to help up the ones that are not strong enough to pick themselves up. They must be able to make others feel better when they are having a bad day.  They won`t be down in the dumps if they are having a bad day.  If they win the Super Bowl, they won`t brag about it.  If they lose, they will congratulate the winner.  (This would work especially well if they like football.)  They should praise and pray to God almighty.  This isn`t a requirement, but it would be pleasant if the hero has his or her own posture of prayer.

An example of a hero that has all of those traits is Tim Tebow.  He even has his own posture of prayer named after him called "tebowing." He even has a foundation named after him!  Their original plan was to raise at least $2.5 million, but now they have a little more than 4 million dollars.  The foundation wants to fulfill the dreams of children with life-threatening illnesses. 

Tim attended Allen D. Nease High School in 2006.  He also went to the University of Florida from 2006 to 2009.  His parents are Robert Ramsey Tebow II and Pamela Elaine Tebow.  His siblings are Katie Tebow Shepherd, Peter Tebow, Robby Tebow, and Christy Tebow Allen. He weighs 240 pounds and is six feet and three inches tall.  He is only twenty-six, though! He used to play for the Denver Broncos, but he currently doesn't play for any football team.  His favorite Bible verse is John 3:16:  "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." That was John 3:16 recited from my memory.  His favorite song is "Where I`m From" by J. M. C.  He also has a book called Through My Eyes: A Quarterback`s Journey.  I, personally, have read the book.  I read it in third grade, and it's terrific. 

Do you have a hero that has a posture of prayer such as tebowing?  Do you have a hero that's an athlete like Tim Tebow?  Is your hero famous, or is it your mom or dad?  Your hero can be skinny or wide and tall or short.  Your hero doesn't have to have a diploma.  Your hero can be anyone you look up to.  It should be someone who inspires you by making the world a better place.  Think about it. Could you be someone's hero?

TimTebow.com - Tim's official website
Tim Tebow quotes - Tim`s quotes

XV Enterprises, LLC.. "TimTebow.com." [Online] Available http://www.timtebow.com/. 2013.