Tessa Virtue

by Ella, grade 5, from Canada

"Anytime we can represent Canada we''re so proud, but that medal ceremony was really nice, hearing our national anthem and knowing all our hard work had paid off."-Tessa Virtue

I believe Tessa Virtue is a hero because she started skating at the age of 6, she skates for a living, and she wanted to be the best skater she could. For these reasons Tessa Virtue is a hero.

Firstly, she was born May 12th 1982 in London, Ontario. Tessa started skating at the age of 6. She met Scott Moir her dance partner at the age of 8.She started dancing on ice at the age of 10. Tessa Virtue trains 38 hours a week. This is why Tessa Virtue is my hero.

Secondly, Tessa Virtue skates for a living. She is a kind, inspiring and famous person. Also she can do difficult tricks. She is also a very talented skater. She also has to watch her steps. This is why Tessa Virtue is my hero.

Finally, Tessa Virtue is my hero because she wanted to be the best skater she could. Also in the Olympics she wanted to win a lot of medals. She wanted to win the Olympics. She wanted to be nice to the rivaling teams. This is why Tessa Virtue is a hero.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that Tessa Virtue is a hero. I think that because she started skating at the age of 6, she skates for a living, and she wants to be the best skater she could. This is why I believe Tessa Virtue is a hero.