Troy Kenneth Aikman

by Alex from Inglewood

A hero in my eyes is someone who achieves greatness and tries to thrust greatness upon others but most importantly someone people can look up to and want to follow in his or her footsteps. They don't stop until what they're trying to do is accomplished whether it's helping others or helping his or herself. Someone who is selfless and not only gives to themselves but gives to others not just because they feel sorry but from the kindness of their heart. Anyone can be a hero but only certain people can make a huge difference.

The Triplets (www.google.com)
The Triplets (www.google.com)

Troy Kenneth Aikman born in West Covina, California on November 21, 1966. He lived in Cerritos, California until he was twelve years old and as he grew older he knew what he wanted in life. He went to attend the University of Oklahoma from 1984 until 1985 but then later transferred to the (UCLA) University of California, Los Angeles after he left Oklahoma won the Orange Bowl in 1986. After college Troy went straight to the NFL. Where later in his great Career he became a Hall Of Fame football player as a player of the Dallas Cowboys he also played with some of the best players in NFL history which are Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin they were called "The Triplets" and still are called that today. He was inducted to the Hall Of Fame in 2006, to join many other historic Football players. After he contributed to three superbowl rings with the Dallas Cowboys. His career wasn't in fact a Cinderella story it started very poorly for Troy Aikman but he got his act together and then did what he had to do after some injuries and some disastrous issues he managed to come back and have some of the best seasons of his career.

Troy Aikman has made a huge difference in the world by making his own foundation by the name of The Troy Aikman Foundation and it's basically a charity to benefit children in making children's hospitals. This Foundation was founded in 1992, and now He is a commentator for the fox network when the football season is in play. Not only does he do all this which requires television, fans, fame, he also owns a car dealership (Ford) in Dallas, Texas. He also is a father of three and a hard working father at that but he still manages to be the great person who has his hands full and still has time to do something good for someone else.

This person is hero in my eyes because out of all the fame and fortune he has come about and gave back to many kids in need of help. Also I believe that he is a selfless man that gives back to the children and he's making a small difference little by little. What really inspires me to be like my hero is all his accomplishments and how hard he tries to win it all and how he won all those superbowls with the help of his team none the less, but at the end of the day all his stress and anger is let out in a positive way. We all win and lose and to be a great winner you have to accept some losses along the way and Troy Aikman has led me to think that way. He has driven me to strive for the better and accomplish whatever it is I need to accomplish and if that means hitting some bumps along the way well that's the way it will have to be. People achieve greatness and some just have greatness in them but learning how to be great above all is the best thing someone can possibly achieve.

Troy Aikman has come along way and I can't stress enough how much he has contributed to not only the NFL but to society in general and a hero doesn't stop doing something good for mankind, he continues to do something worth doing. Living every day knowing you have helped someone and made a difference in someone's life, that feeling may be the best feeling anyone can receive. After all his dedication, commitment, achievements, wins losses, etc. because at the end of the day even from our worst experiences we learn to be better people and if it wasn't for Troy Aikman's many failures he wouldn't be the person he is today... a hero.