T-beaux

by Lauren from Woodlands, Texas

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

My dog T-beaux is not only a great dog, he is a hero. He was abandoned when he was about a year old. My uncle Bill found him near a swamp, where T-beaux was starved, skinny and scared. The previous owner had beaten him so T-beaux was very timid.

Okay, so most of my friends know that my favorite sport is soccer. Well, when this accident happened I was about 9 years old and I was trying to get into a professional soccer league. So while my parents were working, my sister and I went outside with T-beaux.

Like I said, it was just me, Jessica, and T-beaux. My sister and I were having a really good time practicing in the street. We were screaming and carrying on so I didn’t notice the car that was speeding right behind my sister. Even though the car was big and black and coming at us full- speed I was completely oblivious.

The driver was on his phone and he wasn’t paying any attention to the road. In fact, the only one who was paying attention was T-beaux. Before I realized what was about to happen, T-beaux was up and running towards Jessica. Both made it safely without getting even scratched by the car. After both went flying, the clueless driver finally realized what had happened. After about 50 apologies, the driver was on his way.

The reason T-beaux is the hero is because he saved my little sister, and he took my responsibility. He overcame his timidness, and brought courage to a whole other level. Without T-beaux, my sister could be seriously injured or even worse. So that is the reason T-beaux is my hero.