Tom Brady

by Jack from Golden

This man is a very impressive man. He has won trophies, married a beautiful woman, and was a very good student athlete. This man is also a hero to many people in the U.S. and in other places around the world. He is... Tom Brady. Tom Brady, at 6 foot 4 inches, 225 lbs, has a very impressive stature. He is the New England Patriots’ quarterback. He has led his team to victory three out of the four Super Bowls they played. Those Super Bowls are: XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX. Brady has been selected to be the Super Bowl MVP two of the three times his team has won. He has also been invited to seven Pro Bowls and went to six. He has been one of the best players to ever play the game of football, but he almost didn’t get a chance to play. This is because if Bledsoe didn’t get hurt they might have chosen their other backup, Bishop to play.

As a kid in high school, Brady was very involved with sports. He played two sports, baseball and football, but this didn’t just happen overnight. As a kid living in San Mateo there were a lot of other kids to challenge in his neighborhood. He was always living on the competitive side of life and as a result he wanted to race every fast kid in the neighborhood. As he lost races time after time he was discouraged but he never gave up. He tried and tried finding new ways to win and eventually he did. This commitment led to a very good football career. His baseball career was just as good, if not better. He was drafted to the Montreal Expos in 1995. He declined that offer. He was smart not to accept because the Expos had also drafted two other catchers and they turned out to be amazing and if he had chosen baseball over football he might as well be looking for a desk job.

His wife is very beautiful. Her name is Gisele Bundchen. They met each other through a friend who knew they would like each other. Their son, Benjamin, was born on December 8th, 2009. Almost by fate they are both famous for totally opposite reasons. Gisele is a Victoria’s Secret model and Tom is a star football player. Enough about her and back to Tom.

Tom Brady is my hero because he is not only a star quarterback but he is also very helpful to lots of charities and organizations. His best supported charity is Best Buddies International foundation. Best Buddies is a charity that helps people with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for one-to-one friendships and integrated employment. This charity is supported by eight other celebrities. Tom Brady will host the second annual Tom Brady Football Challenge to benefit Best Buddies International in early October. One time Tom said, “A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don't ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren't blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.” The Best Buddies event will be designed to help kids meet new people, learn more about the sport of football, and above all just have fun!

Over the years, from the time he was born, to today, he has always been a very impressive athlete. Many people believe without him the Patriots could not have won the three Super Bowls that they did. Kurt Warner, a retired quarterback, once said: “The great thing about Tom is that no matter what he went through, it didn’t seem like he allowed the pressure to bother him. A lot of guys might have reacted to the big stage of the Super Bowl by trying to force plays, but he just relaxed. Right now, he seems like a kid in a candy store.” And to think he almost didn’t get a chance.