Tim Lincecum

by Adriano from Newark

The Cy-young award is an award for pitchers showing their dedication, character, and stats on the mound. To win it even once is a huge honor, but to win it twice in a row and the first time as a rookie? Some might just call that "The Freak." Well that's exactly what they called San Francisco Giants pitcher #55 Tim Lincecum.

Lincecum came into the MLB in 2007 and for his first two seasons in the MLB, he was one of the most dominant pitchers in the game. He was one of the hardest throwing rookies to be in the game. Tim Lincecum is still young and healthy, but like many other pro players in sports, he has had his share of bad moments in his life.

Tim Lincecum is a stressed mid 20's man. He was caught with marijuana by police, which was a big mistake in his life, but had no impact on his baseball career. Yes, he messed up, but he used it as a learning experience and he has built from it. Many fans were upset and sad for this mistake he made, but after he showed his apology on the field, many accepted him again. I sure have.

Tim Lincecum has really inspired me to be a better baseball pitcher, whenever I am struggling with my pitching mechanics or attitude, I watch him play on TV to see what he does in certain situations. He is my favorite player in the MLB right now. People that see me pitch, say I look just like him and that I am just like his mirror image. When people tell me that, it really makes me feel good about myself, it makes me proud to know people think I am just like him, and to continue doing what I do.

Many kids at young ages have different pitching styles, and they change their styles as the years go by, but another interesting thing about Tim Lincecum is ever since he was in LITTLE LEAGUE he has ALWAYS had the same exact pitching style. People also say when he was young, his dad taught him how to follow through his pitch by putting a dollar on the ground and Tim would have to try grabbing the dollar after his pitch! Wow! I hope I can be as good as he is one day and also still have the same pitching style I have now!

espn - Shows Tim Lincecum's Stats and Bio.
Wikipedia - Tim Lincecum Bio.
Baseball reference - More personal infomation