Thomas Alva Edison

by Andrew from Arcadia

My brilliant hero is Thomas Alva Edison. He was born on February 11, 1847 and died on October 18, 1931. When he was born, he had a vesry big head. Everyone thought he had a fever in his brain except his mother, who thought it was a sign of intelligence. He roamed around the forest as soon as he began to walk. His angry parents often had to go look for him. Little Edison loved to roam everywhere.

Thomas Alva Edison is my hero because he invented the amazing light bulb. Having electric lighting has changed our world greatly. He was one of the first people to use electricity to make our world a better place.

This is Thomas Alva Edison. (www.hauntedamericatours.com)

Another reason he is my hero is because of his perseverance. He worked day and night, trying many things to make the light bulb light up. It took him 3,000 tries to make it light up. Before, he said that genius was 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. He followed through on his word and worked hard, never giving up. It inspires me that he didn’t give up in the first 500 tries. Everyone else would have given up by then. But not Inventor Thomas Edison!