Tiger Woods

by Wes from Sycamore Junior High

<a href=http://www.tigerwoods.com.ar/tiger-woods5.jpg>Tiger Woods</a>
Tiger Woods

Since Tiger was so fortunate with the game of golf, he decided to start a foundation called: The Tiger Woods Foundation which starts schools in urban American cities that provided an education for less fortunate kids. Tiger also supports and donates money to The First Tee program. The First Tee programs goal is to provide learning facilities and educational programs that promote character development and life enhancing values through the game of golf. Tiger, himself has also been an idol or hero for many kids around the world because of his dominance and records throughout his golfing career. Because of this many kids have started learning the game of golf.

Tiger's real first name is Eldrick. He was born on December 30, 1975 and grew up in Cypress California. He began taking an interest in golf when he was just six months old. He would watch his dad, Earl, hit golf balls into a net and would try to copy his swing. He was given the nickname Tiger after a Vietnamese soldier and friend of his father. Tiger Woods appeared on TV practicing his swing at the age of two and by the time he was three, he had already shot a 48 on a nine-hole course. When he was five, the golf world began to take notice of Tiger and he was featured on the cover of Golf Digest. Tiger Woods was just 16 and still in high school when he played in his first professional golf tournament - the Nissan Los Angeles Open. Two years later, he went to college at Stanford University where he won ten collegiate events and the NCAA title. While he appeared in only a handful of professional tournaments during his years in college, it wasn’t long before Tiger Woods would be winning pro events at a ridiculous rate.

Tiger Woods has had an amazing career since becoming a pro golfer in 1996. He has won 53 world wide tournaments, 40 of those wins were on the PGA TOUR, including eight major championships: the 1997, 2001, and 2002 Masters, the 1999 and 2000 PGA Championships, the 2000 and 2002 U.S. Open Championship and the 2000 British Open. Tiger has now won an incredible 9 out of 16 World Golf Championship events he has played in.

Tiger relates to the book because he is a hero to others near and far. People around the world notice his dedication, time spent working to perfect his game, his fitness routines and since he is young, all the kids like that. Even if u didn’t play golf, you would know who Tiger is and he has influenced many people to take up the game and learn more than just how to play. To learn the integrity and rules which also help you in life.

To wrap things up, Tiger Woods started the game at a young age and set many records that may never be broken and has changed the game forever. He’s a hero, incredible golfer, and a generous giving man. He works hard at everything he does and gives back whenever he can. That is why I chose Tiger to be my hero.