Tommy the Clown

by WHARE from Rotorua, New Zealand

!!!-
KRUMP
KRUMP

Tommy the clown is my hero because he inspired me 2 dance i have only seen him once in Rotorua but i like what he has done for the hip-hop clowns and also for youth around the world.

He is also my hero because he is like one of the main reasons why a lot of youth dance these days. He is also the inventor of clowning which u may not know has evolved into one of the biggest crazes for teens a dance called KRUMP.

KRUMP means Kingdom Radically uplifting mighty praise and this is danced by most teens these days. KRUMP comes from the African dance but nowadays it is to release all your anger through dance some parents teachers think people are having fights because when u KRUMP u usually form a big circle and people jump in and KRUMP

"Tommy’s ultimate dream is to re-establish the Tommy the Clown Academy in LA and open Academies in other cities where kids can come after school and get homework tutoring, take dance and performance lessons and train to be Hip Hop Clowns that perform at local birthday parties, functions and events.

Tommy is also acknowledged as the inspiration for new freestyle dance forms emerging from other cities including Hyphy – originating out of Northern California. Tommy remains intent to spread the freestyle movement and encourage people to creatively express themselves while being living proof that there is another alternative."

++=!!!-"TOMMY THE CLOWN IS DA MAN"-!!!=++

"Thomas Johnson (better known as Tommy the Clown) is an American dancer, best known as the inventor of the "clowning" style of dance, which evolved into the popular "krumping". Tommy invented the style in 1992, to enhance birthday party clown acts, then creating the concept of "hip-hop clowns". Tommy and his hip hop clowns have performed at birthday parties of all ages from inner city communities to celebrities like Pamela Anderson , Madonna , and Cedric the Entertainer." Wikipedia

He has also performed in NZ several times and was currently here last month in August, performing at high schools and pubs and night clubs.