Tony Barraza

by Pedro from Fresno

Who is my hero? It didn't take me long to realize that my father is my hero. My dad has been my hero since I could remember. When I thought "my dad" I already knew what to write about. That's when you know when someone is really your hero, when you already have sentences being made in your brain without even trying.

My dad, or should I say my hero, has done so much for me but the main reason I made him my hero is because although he is not my biological father he raised me since I was small. That shows me that he cares a whole lot about me. When I found out everyone thought I would get disappointed, but it just made him more of my hero.

My hero lives with my mom, me, my sister, along with my twin brothers. We all live together in one house. It's great all of us living together, even if we do fight sometimes, but what kind of family doesn't have siblings that disagree sometimes? My hero loves living together in our Woodrow Ave house.

My hero is still living, and is in his middle age, which means he did most of his living in the 70's and 80's. He is always saying that those were the good old days. He says it's not like today how people are always trying to kill each other. It doesn't really bother him as long as we are still together.

A hero, to me, is supposed to be very important to someone and that is why I chose my father as my hero. Because of all the stuff he does for me and all the things he went through because of me, that's what makes him the most important person in my life. The way he talks to me and the way he understands my situation makes me do better choices in my life. The way his words keep on forcing me to do the right thing, even though he's not literally there with me.

Hey, my name is Pedro and welcome to my Hero site