Tyeshia

by De'Jiana from Chicago

A Determined Woman
A Determined Woman

My hero is somebody that encourages me to do my best every day. She is somebody that cares for me and wants me to do my best. My hero shows me the correct way. She helps me to learn and appreciate the things have, as well as world I live in. The person that helps me with all of this is my mother, my life, my savior. Tyeshia.

My mom is a hero because throughout her whole life she is determined. She has never given up on her dreams, even with an unexpected surprise at sixteen. On September 11, 1995 her pride and joy was born. Me. Even though she was pregnant in high school, she still managed to graduate top of her class with honors.

Along the way my mom has had four other children, but above this she has started her own boutique, owned half of a daycare center, and been the most wonderful, caring and loving mother she could possibly be. She is my hero because she is my backbone, the reason I stand, and a part of reason I’m who I am today.