Vinton Gray Cerf

by Jeremy from Aberdeen

My hero is Vint Cerf. He is my hero because he created the internet along with Robert E. Kahn. For a nickname he is called the father of the internet. He has made a way for people all around the world to connect with each other and to have a new access to important news around the world.

My hero lives in New Haven, Connecticut, USA. My hero was born in 1943 and still lives today making the internet more efficient.

My hero has made a difference in my life because I couldn't e-mail my friends if I didn't have the internet. I couldn't check my favourite hockey, baseball or football teams stats. I couldn't check the news on the front page of the internet. I couldn't put music or movies on my i-pod from Limewire. Nobody could make their own websites. Vint Cerf is still working on the internet today. Vint Cerf has brought solar powered computer cafes to Africa. Vint Cerf continues to explore and plan for the future at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The internet was an experiment that was launched to the computer before it was even half done. It is now a huge part of the global communication systems. Vint Cerf has worked for Google as the Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist since September 2005. Vint Cerf was honoured with an award called the National Medal of Technology.