Vanessa Murillo

by Brian from Ontario

"Just move on in life, when life is hard."

MY HERO My Hero is my mom. She was born in San Salvador, El Salvador. My mom has two sisters, one brother, and mom. My hero went to De Anza Middle School; then she continued high school in Chaffey, Ontario, California.

I chose my mom to be my hero because she wakes up every day early in the morning to go to work. Then she comes back to cook for her kids, and cleans the house. She works hard for her kids.

The person who influenced my hero was my grandma. The way my grandma changed her life was because she taught her that just because she was a single mom there was no reason not to move forward in life. (My grandma is single not my mom.)

There were many obstacles in my hero's life. The main one was the separation of her parents and growing up without her dad. It was an obstacle that made her stronger in life. The way my hero overcame her obstacles in life was by starting her walk with God at a young age. It helped her be healed and overcome many things in life. She is my mom; she is strong and hard working. She takes care of me and gives me good advice when I need it. Also, she likes to help other people when she sees someone in need.

My hero is courageous and loving. She sacrifices every day for her kids. She works all day so her kids can get the best. My mom and my dad work all day. She wants us to have the best in life because she grew up living a hard life without her dad. My mom influences me because even though she doesn't have the best job she still gives up her time to work. My parents pay the rent, and get their kids anything we need. That's why she's my hero.