vince carter

by Tim from Ontario, Canada

One day I saw an amazing basketball player. His name was Vince Carter, and when I saw him I knew that basketball was my dream. I saw him on the screen when I was five years old. I have never seen him on the court in real life before. I want to see him in a game in real life. Vince Carter rose up to become the NBA's biggest all-star. Vince Carter was born on January 26, 1977 and he is 6-6.

He was born in Daytona Beach, Florida. Both of his parents worked at a local school. After elementary school, he atended Mainland High School where he was a drum major and played the saxophone in the band and was on the basketball team. In elementary, he was not the best basketball player. It was not until high school that he revealed his talent.

Vince Carter never bragged about his talent. After high school he had to decide whether or not to go and play on the basketball team or be in a band. Vince Carter went a college called North Carolina University. They offered him a scholarship to play basketball and he took it.