William Kyle Carpenter

by Carter from Suwanee

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/ ()
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/ ()

William Kyle Carpenter once said," As the president put the medal around my neck, I felt the history and the weight of the nation." William Kyle Carpenter is an American veteran who fought in Iraq. The morning of November 20, 2010, his base was attacked by small fire, sniper fire, grenades, and rockets while providing perimeter security, and filling sand bags to better their positions at patrol base Dakota. Then three grenades were thrown up but only one came close to them, so Carpenter blocked his fellow Marine from most of the blast, taking most of the blow himself. besides Carpenter also was influenced.

The events that influenced Carpenter to do what he did was the war in Iraq and his the marines that he met in middle school. The war in Iraq influenced him because he wanted to help his country and save lives. Also when he saw the marines in middle school he thought there was something special about them.

William Kyle Carpenter is a hero to many because he has fortitude and selflessness. Carpenter was heroic in Iraq for fighting ,and he jumped  on a grenade to save a fellow Marine. This passage illustrates that he is selfless because he risked his life to save his friend. Additionally, William Kyle Carpenter has fortitude. The author states "He was severely wounded as his friend Lance Cpl. Nick Eufrazio but both survived. While Carpenter lost his right eye and took shrapnel throughout his face and lower body."(Mighty 15). This evidence proves that he has fortitude because he showed courage when he was in pain. As well as he as him having selflessness and fortitude he also has some life long effect good and bad.

www.mrctv.org ()
www.mrctv.org ()

William Kyle Carpenter has good and bad lifelong effects. Like his scars and he lost his right eye some of his good effects are is he got the Medal of Honor. His scars are all over his face and now he can not see out of his right eye. Since he got the Medal of Honor he is well known. Based upon these facts, this shows that he has lasting effects.

i.dailymail.co.uk/ ()
i.dailymail.co.uk/ ()

William Kyle Carpenter is a heroic icon to many because of his selflessness and his fortitude. Carpenter is a hero because he risked his life to save others. Carpenter is important because he won the Medal of Honor and saved a fellow Marine. This Evidence Proves that William Kyle Carpenter is heroic.

"Corporal William Kyle Carpenter." The Official Website of the United States Marine Corps. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Sept. 2015. .

Cox, John Woodrow. "Medal of Honor Recipient Kyle Carpenter Celebrated at White House as Modern Miracle." Washington Post. The Washington Post, n.d. Web. 14 Oct. 2015. .

Cox, John Woodrow. "Medal of Honor Recipient Kyle Carpenter Celebrated at White House as Modern Miracle." Washington Post. The Washington Post, n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2015. .

"Retired Marine from South Carolina Receiving Medal of Honor next Month." Post and Courier. N.p., 19 May 2014. Web. 14 Oct. 2015. .

Watkins, Billy. "Miss.-born Marine to Receive Nation's Highest Honor." The Clarion-Ledger. N.p., 16 June 2014. Web. 12 Oct. 2015. .