William J. O'Brien MD

by Jonny O. from Aurora

My dad's poem
My dad's poem

My hero is my Dad. He is a Doctor so he is also a hero too many other people, especially those he has operated on. My dad lives with my mom, my two older brothers, and me. My dad is my hero in my life.

My dad is important to me because he is always there for me in the hardest of times. He has helped me through Medical Clinic. He also makes the money for our family so we can do many fun things like seeing movies or going bowling. My dad has made money for us to go on some of the best vacations ever like Ireland and Sweden.

My dad has made an impact on my life. He always wants me to do more and try harder. He has made an impact on my life because he always helps me. My dad’s college has changed what sports teams I root for and become a fan of. My dad has made a huge impact on my life and my family’s life.

My dad grew up in a Wisconsin town called Janesville. When he was young the career he wanted to be was a firefighter.(Interview May 10, 2010). In high school he figured out he wanted to be a Doctor. (Interview May 10, 2010). He spent 4 years at the University of Wisconsin. Then spent another 4 years at the University of Wisconsin Medical School. After medical school he spent 7 years in residency at a Cincinnati hospital. (Interview May 10, 2010). He now works at Rush Copley and Provena Mercy Hospital. He was employed by Dreyer Medical Clinic.

Dreyer Medical Clinic - My Dad's employer
Janesville City site - Where my dad grew up
Provena Mercy Hospital - One of my dad's hospitals
Rush Copley Hospital - My dad's other Hospital

My dad is in the honor societies including Alpha Omega Alpha and the Phi Beta Kappa. (Interview May 10, 2010).