Wonder Woman

by Angela from Fresno

Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman

Who is my hero? My hero is Wonder Woman. She is a warrior princess from the Amazon. She was created by William Moulton Marston. Wonder Woman was based on the Amazons of Greek mythology  She was created in December 1941. Wonder Woman came to a man's world to be the greatest female superhero. She has another name but in her home planet, she is refereed to as Diana of Themyscira. She has been in the Wonder Woman comic books also in the Justice League. Wonder Woman has been in t.v. shows like the Justice League and in Super friends. In the comics her love interest is Steve Trevor. Here is one of the quotes the the creator said about her "distinctly feminist role model whose mission was to bring the Amazon ideals of love, peace, and sexual equality to a world torn by the hatred of men." Her powers include super strength and speed. Wonder Woman can fight in hand to hand combat and for a very long time. She cannot fly but she has her invisible airplane and also uses her lasso of truth.

Why did I chose my hero?  I chose Wonder Woman because she is very powerful. She shows that you don't have to be a man to be powerful. If you want to save the world by yourself you can. She can also show that you could be smart, beautiful, and strong all at the same time. I learn that women could do anything by just  watching Wonder Woman in action. Wonder Woman also shows you don't need a man to be happy. Just knowing you save millions of people from death is rewarding enough.