Willie Joyce Taylor

by Demarius from Grand Rapids

Demarius Warren
Demarius Warren

The purpose of me writing this essay is because I wanted to admire my hero. Why is it important to acknowledge the heroes? Because they are hard-workers and they should be acknowledged for the things that they do. They do things as a citizen that they are not always made to do and that's what makes them a hero. A couple of things about a hero to me is that a hero should be able to make a difference, and should set good examples when they are needed. That's why I picked my mom, Willie Joyce Taylor. She was born on July 8. She was born to my Grandparents, Joyce Murcherson and Willie Taylor, who both were hard workers. My mom always kept good grades in high school and she encourages me to do the same. She now works at a factory called “Corvac”. She's been working there for almost 3 years now.

The 1st thing that describes my mom is a hard worker because she is always working. She works 16 hours a day, that's why i do my best to help around the house. My mom has two jobs and she is always happy to wake up in the morning and go to work. My mom worked at Steelcase for 16 years until she got laid-off. She was never late and she never called in. My mom teaches me that a hard-worker is everything. A hard-worker is needed in every teenager, so when they get older they will be dedicated to work.

The 2nd thing that describes my mom is Trustworthy. You can trust my mom with about anything. My mom has never lied to anybody because she thinks lying isn’t right. My mom says that trust means everything, if you don’t have trust what do you have. My mom will tell you if you are right or wrong because she feels that you should know. When I can’t trust anybody else I know that I can trust my mom. She taught me to never lie because it’s not going to get me anywhere in life but more confessions on Judgment Day.

The 3rd thing that describes my mom is Respectful. I have never heard my mom cuss in front of me. My mom is respectful because she tries her best to never just go off on anybody when something isn’t quite right. I remember a couple of situations where I was mad and i wanted to go off on a lot of people at my school. My mom told me that respect is the key. You don’t disrespect anybody because someone made you mad and they did anything to you. My mom's favorite quote is "Thank You Jesus". She says that this is her favorite quote because you can always thank Jesus because he gave you everything that you have in your life and that's a blessing.

My mom is a hero to me because she taught me the meaning of what it means to be a young lady. My mom motivates me to be the best that I can be and when I don’t she lets me know because I represent her and she didn’t raise me that way. She makes a difference in my life. I think she make big steps to become the mom she is because I’m a person and if you can train a person to succeed that’s a really good achievement. The purpose of me writing about my mom was because she is the only person that tries to achieve in my life and she makes me want to get on my grind and do better so that I can become a "Neighborhood Hero" just like her. I believe that I achieved my purpose is by letting everybody know who my hero was in my life and why she was a big part of my life. That’s why I picked her as my hero.