wilson martinez

by pamela from boston

Pamela Martinez

10-19-04

H*R: 106

Writerly life

My dad

Most of the times kids think that the best hero in our family is our mom. Well my criteria is different my hero is Wilson Martinez my dad. He was born December 11, 1961 in Dominican Republic but now he lives in Boston Massachusetts with my family and me. He works an a travel agency. Dad is my hero because if there is one person that loves me and cares about me it is Dad as much as god. I can remember one time when I thought I was about to die because some juice went trough my nose when I was laughing with my friends at my house in Dominican Republic. I could not breathe. My dad was so sad he said “Pamela I love you and you know I would give my life for you, but I can not fight for your life, you will have to fight for your self.” Whenever I need something he is there if I feel bad he is there always.

Sometimes we might think that our dads are strict or bad but they just want the best for us. Sometimes I get tired of hearing “do your homework” or "go to bed” but it’s just to make me a better person. I thank my dad in one way because for him I am who I am. He shows me how to be respectful, courageous, smart and, progressive. My dad is important to me because he always gives me what I need, love. When we go places, he buys me what I want like clothes. What I like about him is that he always says “you could ask for what ever you want that is why I work, to give you all you need.” Once I was so mad at this person because she did something bad to me and I use to say lots of bad things about her. My dad said “you are going to pass many circumstances in life that are going to make you mad, if you think that getting mad is a good way to fix things go ahead and get mad. If not, just forget it.” This is why I thank god for giving me the most awesome person in world.

My dad is cool, because he does things that most parents do not do, like roller skating, ice skating, plays soccer, and baseball with us. My mom said he thinks he is 20 years old. I think my dad is like an artificial flower always the same, never changes. He is a cool hero any way. It does not matter winter, storm, or how hard the wind could come he is always the same.

What do you think heroes are? I think heroes are people who have fun with you. People who think you are special. A hero will give their life for you, or gives you what you want like my dad. That is what a hero means to me. My dad is a good person too. Whenever he sees some poor person he gives them money. He even gave $2,000 dollars to my church one time. He always says he wants me to be someone in life that when I grow up I do not have to be worry about paying bills or the rent. That is why I studied to make me a better person and to make my dad proud of me. If someone is kind and special in this world it is my dad.

I am so, sorry for the readers or listeners of this essay, but a person like my dad is rare and is hard to be found. I do not have more words to describe a person like my dad, but there is no brother, no friend and no anything like my dad. Oh! and most of all there is no HERO like my dad.