The Wright Brothers

by Kushtrim from Ansonia

Why I want to meet the Wright Brothers is because I want to see how they built the world's first airplane. Also to see what materials they used to create it. Did you know that 10,000 people go on a plane each day? Could you imagine life without an airplane? So thanks to Orville and Wilbur Wright we get that privilege.

Wilbur's life span was from April 16, 1867 to May 30, 1912, near Millville, Indiana. Orville's lifespan was from Orville was born on August 19, 1871 to January 30, 1948, in 7 Hawthorn Street in Dayton, Ohio. Ruechlin (1861-1920) and Lorin (1862-1939) were the Orville and Wilbur's brothers. Also a younger sister named Katharine (1874-1929).(father) Bishop Milton Wright (1828-1917) and (mother) Susan Catherine (Koerner) Wright (1831- 1889). Trying to control the flight was the reason they were worried.

Famous quotes by the Wright Brothers is............. Orville once said, "The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their grueling travels across trackless land in prehistoric times , looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air." Another quote by Orville that he said is, "if birds can glide for long periods of time, then....why can't I ?" A quote that Wilbur said is, "More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination." Another quote that Wilbur said is, "There is no sport if birds equal to that which aviators enjoy while being carried through air on great white wings."

This is my biography about the two plane inventors, WILBUR and ORVILLE WRIGHT. I hope this gave you information about the Wright Brothers.

Mac LeoD, Elizabeth. The Wright Brother: A Flying Start. Orlando, Florida: Harcourt School Publishers, 2008. The Web address are http://wrightbrothers.info/quotes and http://.wrighthouse.com/wrightbrothers/Wrights.html