Wright Brothers

by Kayla from San Diego

You know that feeling; that starving feeling you get when all you care about is making your dreams become reality. For a dream to become reality, there are always many obstacles, people against the work you are trying to prove, and sometimes quitting may seem like the only option. The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, had their minds set on inventing the first flying machine. The historical day of December 17th, 1903, was the start of something new to the world. They achieved what other people didn't think was possible. Now, the town of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina will be forever imprinted with history (“Wright Brothers”). The Wright Brothers are icons to the world because of their endless efforts, out-side-of-the-box-thinking, and achieving the impossible for the 1900's.

Finally lifting off for flight. (http://www.gravitywarpdrive.com/Wright_Brothers.htm)

Effort. It's the drive that pushes us to advance in what we do. Without it, what would happen to everything around you? That non-stop power to strive to do your best, and to be your best, is the quality that the Wright brothers with held. "If we worked on the assumption that what is expected as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance" (“Wright Brothers”). Their endless efforts never stopped, as they always strived to achieve what they thought wasn't possible. Letting their minds' wonder into new ideas soon became the next air plane that took off on the 17th of December (“Wright Brothers”). Little did they know that it was history in the making. They didn't want to squeeze in the possibility of failure. "The airplane stays up because it doesn't have time to fall." (“Wright Brothers”). The Wright brothers kept pushing the limits with their airplane idea. They wanted to be successful, and prove to the world that they could achieve something greater. Look where we are now in our society, they greatly impacted the way our world communicates and how society stays connected. This idea came from the tiny minds of two brothers that wanted to make a difference in this small world we call, Earth.

The Wright Brothers preparing for flight. (http://www.gravitywarpdrive.com/Wright_Brothers.htm)

Out of all the minds created on this Earth, 2 of them think alike. Both wanting to show people that with a little elbow grease, and a working space, you can combine ideas together to get something greater. Their inspiration was the birds that flew high in the sky leaving the brothers with a question. "If birds can glide for long periods of time, then... Why can't I?" (“Wright Brothers”). Wilbur and Orville were puzzled why birds can fly and humans can't. Making this possible, they defended the rules of gravity, achieving their efforts by looking towards birds as their primary source of inspiration (Thinkexist). The sky seemed as if it were a barren place where only birds have the power to soar freely. The brother's desires soared bigger. "The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who...looked enviously on the birds soaring through space...on the infinite highway of the air" (“Wright Brothers”). The Wright brothers didn't want their feet on the ground for long. They were itching to finally make their ideas possible. Birds were their inspiration, as well as the blood running through their veins passed down from generation. The lingering idea of flying stuck like glue in their minds. The up and coming feeling of success was with in reaching distance, they just had to reach for it.

The Wright Brothers are icons to the world because of their endless efforts, out-side-of-the-box-thinking, and achieving the impossible for the 1900's. With birds as their inspiration, the brother's had no limitations. They had one goal in mind, which did become reality. They greatly impacted the world beginning with the day of December 17th (“Wright Brothers”). The Wright Brothers served as an inspiration to me because they didn't accept no as an answer, upon their impulses to quit, the two brothers pushed each other to achieve their full potential. They didn't care about the comments that lie ahead that regarded their work, they lived in the present. The first second the airplane left the ground, they left the world in awe.