Yogi Berra

by Austin from Cincinnati

Yogi Berra is my hero because he is charitable, was in the navy, and is a great baseball player. I chose Yogi Berra as my hero. He started and helped many charities because of his kind and loving character. He was also in the navy when he was 19 age (the youngest you could join). Lastly I think Yogi Berra is a hero because he played and hit so many home runs.

Yogi Berra is a great, warm loving person. He was an Italian immigrant who lived separate from the other kids. He joined the navy at age nineteen. He later went on to play for the Yankees and Mets. He was also known for his quotes like "When you come to a fork in the road, take it ". He passed away a few months ago.

He is my hero because I love to play baseball, and he was one of the best baseball players ever. I also think of his "loving and caring personality", and his ability to help others when they need someone most. He was a soldier in world war two, when america needed him most. He helped with charities first and baseball later. One website tells us about "his humility and good sportsmanship". It also says that "he ran the omaha beach and d-day missions".

My definition of a hero was a person who does something good for the community and Yogi Berra did everything for his community and for other communities. His charitable work helped throughout the nation. His military work helped worldwide. His quotes made people smile too. He made people happy every single day. He also helped people everywhere. That is why I call Yogi Berra a hero.